☛ Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes.
You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
☛ This procedure is for the remote keyless entry only and has nothing to do with the ability to start the engine.
☛ You must close all doors and the rear liftgate/trunk in order for this programming procedure to work.
1. Get into the car, close all doors and insert the key into the Ignition Switch (don't turn it).
2. Press and hold the Unlock button on the driver's door. Don't release it.
3. Still holding the Unlock button remove/insert the key 3 times from the Ignition Lock Cylinder (remove-insert-remove-insert-remove-insert) and leave the key in the Ignition Lock. Don't turn ignition ON or other positions; The key must be in 0 (neutral) position.
4. Release Unlock switch on the door. The vehicle should sound 3 beeps to confirm programming mode active.
5. Press both Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously at your Remote Control Transmitter and hold those for several seconds or until you hear 2 beeps confirming that this new remote has been programmed.
6. Perform previous step again if you have more then one remote (including all existing remotes).
7. Remove the key from Ignition Lock Cylinder to end programming mode.