☛ These instruction are suitable for about 2003-2013 models without Smart Entry System.
☛ To program the remote control transmitter for this vehicle, requires a working ignition key.
☛ Keep in mind that your can programm only remotes with correct FCC/PN for your Mazda 3.
☛ This procedure is for the remote keyless entry only and has nothing to do with the ability to start the engine.
1. Remove the key from Ignition Switch, close all doors in your car, open the driver door only and leave it open.
2. Enter the vehicle, insert key into Ignition Switch and switch the “Ignition On” and switch the “Ignition Off” 3 times quickly
(within 5 seconds or faster). Leave the key in the Ignition Switch in “Ignition Off” position.
3. Close and open the drivers door three times.
When done properly, the Central Locking system should automatically lock and then unlock. Now the vehicle is in programming mode.
If locks do not cycle you must start the procedure over.
4. Push the Unlock Button twice on the first Remote to be programmed. The door locks should cycle to indicate successful programming.
If there is only one Remote Control Transmitter to be programmed to vehicle, you must push any button twice again on the same remote, wait for Central Locking to cycle, then push any button twice one more time on the same Remote Control Transmitter.
If there are two remotes to be programmed, then press any button on the second remote twice, wait for Central Locking to cycle, then push any button twice again on the second remote. To program 3 remotes to this vehicle you must press buton twice on second remote, wait for Central Locking to cycle, then press any button twice on the third Remote Control Transmitter.
5. Remove the key from Ignition Switch to exit programming mode.
☛ If you have the Mazda 3 remote with key integrated (combo), these instructions will only program the remote portion of the fob.
You will still need to get the transponder key programmed to start your vehicle.