These are the steps you need to follow in order to program remote key fob in Pontiac Torrent 2006-2009. In the event that a transmitter is lost, program the old and the new transmitters into the memory of the remote control receiver. Part number of remote key fob : gm 15913421, 20868672. Fcc id: OUC60270 / OUC60221.
Use this Procedure for Vehicles with Driver Information Center Buttons. This procedure will erase all previously learned transmitters. Therefore, they must be relearned as additional transmitters :
1. Insert Key and turn to ON position so you can access Drivers Information Center.
2. Press the vehicles information button until PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY DISPLAYS.
3. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE displays
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed
5. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3.
6. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key. Test remote (s)
Use this Procedure for Vehicles without Drivers Information Center Buttons. To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine) :
1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.
2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds. The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display
3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is programmed
4. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed
5. To exit programming mode turn key OFF and remove key. Test remote (s).